The Mini Towable Spreader is the perfect solution to utilize your existing Forklift and Tug Machine to salt your private access road and goods yards. The Spreader is towed behind your vehicle with either a standard towing eye or ball hitch and salts the area via the contact axle wheels and gearbox without any electrical or hydraulic connections.
Approximate lead time: 2-3 days. If for any reason this product is currently out of stock one of our team will give you a call to discuss expected lead times.
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Capacity (Ltr)||Hopper Opening Size (mm)||Hopper Height (mm)||Weight (kg)||Price||Qty|
|IMG-4||190||860||590||90||Call/Enquire for prices|
1. Position the Forklift Truck so that you leave enough room behind the counter weight to operate safe fitting of the spreader
2. To attach using:-
• Towing Eye – Lift the tow pin in the counter weight of the Forklift Truck and position the towing eye on the Spreader into the counterweight slot and drop the tow pin through the towing eye.
• Ball hitch – Pull the Spreader up to the rear of the towing vehicle, lift and pull the handle on the Ball Hitch and position over the towbar ball and lower, then push the handle down to lock.
3. Ensure that the hopper is vertical by adjusting the hole position in the diagonal adjustable arm (this ensures an even spreading and distribution of salt).
4. Fill the spreader to the desired level with Dry White Salt only
5. Position the flow restriction slide arm to suit level of salt flow required
6. The attachment is now ready for use.
7. Close the flow restriction slide arm when spreading is complete
1. The unit should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to:
A – All weld points
B – Any damaged components
C – Lock & latches
D – Pivot points
E – The agitator unit is clean and free moving.
F – Both tyres are inflated to the correct PSI.
2. All bolts must be checked for tightness.
3. Ensure unit is kept lubricated around axle base.
4. Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of spreader.
5. General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
6. It is advised that when not in use the unit is kept in a sheltered environment.
7. Wash unit down with clean water after each use, paying particular attention to all moving parts for example the wheels, gearbox and axle.
Suitable for use with dry white rock salt only, any other salt will cause blockages
Health & Safety
1. The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation and maintenance.
2. Operators must keep clear of the mechanism at all times and especially whilst in operation.
3. When turning corners please ensure that a wide arc is taken to suit the forklift characteristics to prevent the spreader from `Sliding` the corner.
4. If angle adjustment is needed ensure the truck is at a complete standstill and free of salt before adjustments are made.
5. The unit is not suitable for use on public roads; it may only be used on private land.
6. When performing any form of maintenance ensure that the spreader is disconnected from the towing vehicle and the drive wheel is off the ground.
7. Do not stand on the unit if traction is not possible, alternative methods should be explored.
- Flow of salt regulated to ensure economical usage and spread width
- Agitator mounted in the base of hopper to minimise blockages
- Supplied with both towing eye and ball hitch
- Painted Red
- Large pneumatic tyres
- Galvanised Hopper Grid