Repairs & Refurbishment
Forklift fork repairs, refurbishment and forklift attachment servicing you can count on
At Invicta Forks & Attachments, we’re committed to providing high-quality solutions that keep your operations running smoothly. But we’re not just one of the largest stockists and suppliers of forks and attachments in the UK, we also offer expert forklift fork repair and refurbishment services that help you extend the lifespan of your attachments.
We know and appreciate the importance of maintenance and repair. Keeping on top of potential repairs or problems helps us keep costs down for our customers, promotes good practices within businesses, reduces downtime, and discourages a harmful ‘throw away culture’.
We firmly believe that if you look after your forks and attachments, they will look after you. Discover the benefits of entrusting your fork and attachment maintenance to our experienced team and see how it can positively impact your operations for years to come.Get in touch with the team today for a quote
BRITISH MANUFACTURED QUALITY
Your forks and attachments may need some minor repairs, a major rebuild, or they may even need to be replaced. Whatever the circumstances, we’ll get your forklift up and running again quickly and cost-effectively.
Thanks to our 25+ years’ experience, we have the skills and expertise to carry out standard forklift fork repairs and forklift attachment servicing, deliver custom-build solutions and modify and refurbish existing equipment.
All of our new forklift fork attachments come with a 12-month warranty. However, we appreciate there may be times when they need repairing or modifying, and that’s when you can count on us to help.
- Carry out repairs that don’t just mend, but extend the life of the attachment. If we find that the repair route isn’t the most cost-effective option, we’re also best placed to replace the unit quickly, thanks to our extensive range of stock.
- Service equipment to make sure the attachment’s performing correctly which, in turn, helps boost productivity. We make every effort to prolong the life of every single unit we work on, meaning more hours are spent using the equipment rather than fixing it.
Here's a quick glimpse of our approach to some common forklift fork problems:
- Worn stainless steel forks We can reclad the entire fork or, for a more cost-effective solution, we can reclad the underside. If you prefer, we can also add pads to the heels, which can be replaced more quickly and easily in the future. Another option is to replace the forks with units straight off the shelf (for standard sizes)
- Twisted or bent large forks We can straighten the blades, which is often a much quicker and more cost-effective way of getting machines back into service sooner
- Thick or long forks We can machine the existing forks or, if time’s tight, we can modify them (and inspect, test and recertify them) – which is often the more affordable solution
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you check a forklift fork?
Your forklift forks should be checked regularly to ensure they are fit for purpose and undamaged. Improper checking, or skipping checks altogether, can lead to serious damage like bent, cracked or snapped forks. There are a few things you should check daily, which include the following:
- Carrying out a visual inspection to ensure there are no obvious signs of damage
- Checking that the blade angle is correct and not bent
- Checking the forks for surface cracks
- Checking the forklift blades are tip aligned (the same height)
- Checking the locking mechanism locks the forks securely in place
If you have any concerns about the condition of your forks, it’s best practice to reach out to a professional for a thorough check.
When should forklift forks be replaced?
The lifespan of forklift forks varies depending on a few factors, however, when your forks have obvious signs of damage they have likely come to the end of their service life. If your forks are clearly worn (the wear limit on forklift forks is 10%) or damaged, reach out to us to find out if they can be repaired or refurbished, or if you need a replacement.
How do forklift forks get damaged?
Like any workplace equipment, forklift forks suffer from wear and tear. However, improper use can exacerbate problems and lead to avoidable damage, so you should always ensure you’re always following best practices when operating your forks. Here are some of the most common ways forks get damaged:
- Overloading – lifting a load that exceeds the capacity of the forks.
- Impact – colliding with other equipment or striking other objects can cause bends and cracks in your forks.
- Corrosion – repeated exposure to certain environmental factors or damaging chemicals can leave forks weak and prone to breakage.
How can forklift fork damage be prevented?
Ensuring you’re following the correct health and safety guidance and have proper, up-to-date forklift training is one of the best ways to avoid forklift fork damage. Correct forklift use includes ensuring you’re not overloading your forks, carrying out regular inspections and keeping on top of maintenance.
Can you repair forklift forks?
Yes, a lot of the time a forklift fork is repairable, so we’d encourage you to not throw away your forks at the first sign of damage. Reach out to our team and we can advise you on the best steps to take.
Get in touch
If you can’t find the information that you are looking for, or just prefer to speak to someone in person, give us a call or just fill out the contact us form for a call back!Contact Us