The Fork Mounted Wheelie Bin Lifter is designed to safely lift, move and empty 90-240 Litre Wheelie Bins. With this type of waste management becoming more and more popular by the day, this attachment can offer a solution to the associated logistical and time-keeping constraints. The winch is also equipped with a fail safe return mechanical stop to prevent the bin from swinging back once the handle is released.
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||LLC (mm)||Maximum Centres (mm)||Maximum Fork Section (mm)||Safe Working Load (kg)||Price||Qty|
|IWBL-1||87||775||1225||475||150-x-50||100||Call/Enquire for prices|
- Position Winch on front left hand Overhead Guard Leg ensuring that the cable is positioned to the outer face of the truck, using the clamping plates and 4 bolt fixings (length of threaded bar to be cut down to suit accordingly).
- Position the forks to the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets of the attachment.
- Remove the heel pins from the attachment.
- Drive the forks into the fork pockets.
- Insert fork pocket heel pins directly behind the heel of the fork and attach safety lynch pin into hole provided.
- Pull the looped end of the winch cable through the pulley on the attachment.
- Approach the Wheelie Bin from the rear and position the two profiled hooks under each Wheelie Bin handles and Lift.
- Raise the Wheelie Bin so as the wheel is at waist height and attach the looped cable over the left hand wheel and then lower to safe level.
- Proceed to the tipping area and once correctly positioned raise the wheelie bin to the desired height ensuring that the safety catch on the winch is released prior to lifting.
- Once at the correct height start to wind the winch until the contents of the Wheelie are fully discharged (you may want to engage the safety catch so as to hold the position of the wheelie bin).
- Once empty release the safety catch (if engaged) ensuring that you have hold on the winch handle prior to its release and continue to unwind until the wheelie bin is near vertical again.
- Remove the looped cable from the Wheelie Bin and lower to the ground.
- You are ready for your next lift.
- The Wheelie Bin Lifter should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to: A – All weld points, B – Wear and distortion of fork pockets and heel pin attachments, C – Any damaged/worn components, D – General condition of cable, pulley and winch.
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of the attachment.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the heel pins are fitted correctly.
- Ensure both the truck and attachments are capable of handling the intended load and its contents.
- Ensure that the heel pins are correctly inserted, retained and positioned in relation to the heel of the fork prior to each and every use.
- Do not drive into the fork pockets without removing the heel pins.
- Do not shock load the attachment under any circumstances.
- Ensure that the operative has hold of the winch handle prior to releasing the winch safety catch.
- Do not drive the forklift with the wheelie bin in a dangerously high position.
- Winch complete with mounting bracket and 3mm diameter lifting wire
- Fixed rotating pulley wheel
- Zinc plated heel pins for safe attachment to truck
- Painted bright orange for safety
- Support stand complete with castors (2 swivel & 2 braked)