Fork Extensions provide a simple, but effective method of handling the occasional long and awkward load that extends past the tips of the parent fork arm (maximum overhang 66%). Predominantly used in the food and chemical industry for ease of cleaning and minimal risk of sparking. Stainless Steel Extensions are supplied in its raw state (Unpainted) which eliminates the risk of product contamination.
What we need to know for a quotation:
Parent fork width, length and thickness
Approximate lead time: 2-3 days. If for any reason this product is currently out of stock one of our team will give you a call to discuss expected lead times.
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Max Fork (mm)||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||Price||Qty|
|IFE448HDBO-N/F-SS x 1220||100 x 50||17||610||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE454HDBO-N/F-SS x 1525||100 x 50||21||762||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE460HDBO-N/F-SS x 1829||100 x 50||26||914||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE463HDBO-N/F-SS x 2438||100 x 50||34||1219||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE448HDBO-N/F-SS x 1220 Max Fork 125x50||125 x 50||18||610||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE454HDBO-N/F-SS x 1525 Max Fork 125x50||125 x 50||23||762||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE460HDBO-N/F-SS x 1829 Max Fork 125x50||125 x 50||28||914||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE463HDBO-N/F-SS x 2438 Max Fork 125x50||125 x 50||36||1219||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE448HDBO-N/F-SS x 1220 Max Fork 150x60||150 x 60||21||610||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE454HDBO-N/F-SS x 1525 Max Fork 150x60||150 x 60||26||762||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE460HDBO-N/F-SS x 1829 Max Fork 150x60||150 x 60||31||914||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IFE463HDBO-N/F-SS x 2438 Max Fork 150x60||150 x 60||40||1219||Call/Enquire for prices|
1. Position forks to desired distance apart.
2. Remove fork pocket heel pins from the extensions.
3. Drive forks into the fork extensions.
4. Insert the fork pocket heel pins directly behind the heel of the fork and attach safety lynch pin into the holes provided.
5. The extensions are now ready for use.
1. The extensions should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to:
A – All weld points
B – Wear and distortion of extensions and heel pin attachments
2. Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use.
3. General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
4. This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
Health and Safety
1. The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the heel pins are fitted correctly.
2. Ensure both the truck and attachments are capable of handling the intended load and its contents
3. Ensure that the heel pins are correctly inserted, retained and positioned in relation to the heel of the fork prior to each and every use. If the pins are on chains ensure that they are not trapped under the wheels of the Forklift prior to lifting.
4. Do not drive into the fork extensions without removing the heel pins.
5. Do not shock load the fork extensions under any circumstances.
6. Do not tip load the extensions.
7. The extensions must not exceed 66% the length of the parent forks.
- Tip thickness 6mm for ease of splitting packs
- Fully pressed profile with rounded corners
- Zinc plated heel pins for safe attachment to truck
- Stainless Steel finish (Grade 304)