Normally used on Forktrucks 10 ton and above when lifting large & awkward loads at an extended load centre, this design provides further strength to the extension which gives greater stability throughout the lift. Examples of the application can range from containers, modular homes and large metal fabrications.
*Other sizes are available on request
What we need to know for a quotation:
- Parent fork width, length and thickness
- Length, weight of load
Approximate lead time: 2-3 days. If for any reason this product is currently out of stock one of our team will give you a call to discuss expected lead times.
- Position forks to desired distance apart.
- Remove fork pocket heel pins from the extensions.
- Drive forks into the fork extensions.
- Insert the fork pocket heel pins directly behind the heel of the fork and attach safety lynch pin into the holes provided.
- The extensions are now ready for use.
- The extensions should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to:
A – All weld points
B – Wear and distortion of extensions and heel pin attachments
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the heel pins are fitted correctly.
- Ensure both the truck and attachments are capable of handling the intended load and its contents
- Ensure that the heel pins are correctly inserted, retained and positioned in relation to the heel of the fork prior to each and every use. If the pins are on chains ensure that they are not trapped under the wheels of the Forklift prior to lifting.
- Do not drive into the fork extensions without removing the heel pins.
- Do not shock load the fork extensions under any circumstances.
- Do not tip load the extensions.
- The extensions must not exceed 66% the length of the parent forks.
The Operator should ensure that the above product is used for the purpose that it has been designed, tested and intended to do and no deviation to this occurs. If in doubt, consult your fork truck dealer or approved attachment supplier.
- Pressed and fabricated profile with rounded and sanded edges
- Zinc plated heel pins for safe attachment to truck
- Painted black