Designed to simplify the holding, movement and disposal of material in confined areas with the unique ‘4 way entry’ base. The skip is supplied as manual operation as standard, but automatic tipping at high level can be achieved by ordering the conversion kit allowing the forklift / tele handler driver to empty the skip without leaving the safety of his seat. This mesh enclosure allows a greater nominal capacity for those lighter waste / high volume environments such as cardboard and plastics.
*Add 705mm to body height to give overall skip height
** Add 230mm to body length to give overall skip length
Approximate lead time: 2-3 days. If for any reason this product is currently out of stock one of our team will give you a call to discuss expected lead times.
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Nominal Capacity (m3)||Capacity (kg)||Body Length||Body Width||Body Height||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||Price||Qty|
|ICUS-0MESH||0.9||700||1220**||1030||690*||228||760||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICUS-1MESH||1.6||900||1600 **||1060||830*||237||785||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICUS-2MESH||1.9||1200||1600 **||1300||830*||245||725||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICUS-3MESH||2.2||1600||1600 **||1560||830*||267||685||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICUS-4MESH||2.8||2200||1800**||1560||955*||292||650||Call/Enquire for prices|
Via release handle
1. Position the forks the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets.
2. Remove fork pocket heel pins from skip.
3. Drive forks into the fork pockets.
4. Insert fork pocket heel pins directly behind the heel of the fork and attach safety lynch pin into the hole provided.
5. Take the forklift skip to the intended area to be tipped and release the secondary lock mechanism on the rear.
6. To release the skip and empty the contents pull the release handle.
7. Once emptying is complete pull the skip back so as to re-latch on to the hook
8. Replace the safety lock mechanism.
9. The skip is now ready for use again.
Follow steps 1 – 4 as above and then:
10. Take the forklift skip to the large yard skip and release the secondary lock mechanism on the rear of the skip.
11. Position the forklift skip at the correct height with the actuator plate positioned over the yard skip side (the actuator plate is located between the two side entry fork pockets).
12. Lower the forklift skip on to the side of the yard skip until the hook release mechanism is disengaged.
13. Raise the forklift to clear the side of the yard skip, pull away and lower safely to the ground. Once emptying is complete pull the skip back to re-latch on to the hook.
14. Replace the safety lock mechanism.
15. The skip is now ready for use again.
OPTIONAL FITMENT – LID
Fitment of Lid:
16. Unpack the skip lid.
17. Dispose of packaging material, ensuring the nuts and bolts are retained.
18. Place the lid on the skip with the handle to the front.
19. Mark the hole positions for drilling.
20. Using necessary PPE equipment, drill the holes through the skip body to accept M10 Bolts.
21. Ensuring no sharp edges are evident, use the supplied nuts and bolts to fasten the lid into place.
22. The lid is now ready for use.
Usage via Hinged Lid (if applicable – optional extra)
23. Raise the opening of the lid and lower onto the fixed section of the skip lid.
24. Dispense all waste product into the skip.
25. Once all product is dispensed into the skip, complete step 23 in reverse. Close the skip by hand, ensuring all fingers/body parts are clear of the moving parts.
26. Follow steps 5-9 to complete the disposal of the waste. Please ensure the lid is closed during these steps, as keeping the lid open during procedure could cause damage to the skip lid – primarily the hinge mechanism.
1. The Skip should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to:
A – All weld points
B – Wear & distortion of fork pockets and heel pin attachments.
C – Any damaged components
D – Lock & latches
E – Rockers, roller guides and Automatic Mechanism (when applicable).
2. All bolts must be checked for tightness.
3. The pivot bars, latches and locks must be kept greased.
4. The spring should be oiled.
5. Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of skip.
6. General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
7. This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
The Operator should ensure that the above product is used for the purpose that it has been designed, tested and intended to do and no deviation to this occurs. If in doubt, consult your fork truck dealer or approved attachment supplier.
Health & Safety
1. The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the heel pins are fitted correctly.
2. Ensure both the truck and attachment are capable of handling the intended load and its contents.
3. Operators must keep clear of the mechanism whilst in operation.
4. Ensure that the heel pins are correctly inserted, retained and positioned in relation to the heel of the fork prior to each and every use.
5. Ensure the secondary lock mechanism is engaged until the emptying operation is required and disengaged when emptying operation is required.
6. Do not drive into the fork pockets without removing the heel pins.
7. Do not shock load the skip under any circumstance.
8. In the event of failure during operation do not attempt rectification or re-operation while the skip is off the ground. The attachment must be returned safely to floor level for inspection.
9. Do not empty the skip whilst the forks are in the side entry pockets as this could unbalance the fork truck.
10. Ensure the skip lid is closed prior to each and every emptying cycle.
- Mesh sides x 500mm high
- Low loading height
- Reinforced leading edge and body sides
- 4 way fork pocket entry
- Secondary Locking Mechanism to prevent accidental discharge
- Fully seam welded for retention of fluids
- Manual handle override
- Maximum fork section 150 x 50 mm at 675 mm centres
- Zinc plated heel pins for safe attachment to truck
- Painted bright orange for safety
- Conversion kit for automatic operation
- 125mm diameter nylon castors
- Colour finish for waste separation or department