When dedicated lifts are needed on a regular basis the Carriage Mounted Jib delivers the perfect substitute to an overhead crane or static floor mounted Jib Arm, with the added benefit of a reduced lost load centre and centre of gravity over and above the Fork Mounted version.
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Capacity (kg)||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||LLC (mm)||ITA / FEM Class||Price||Qty|
|ICJ-1.0||1000 at 1000mm load centre||235||410||30||2||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICJ-2.0||2000 at 1000mm load centre||235||410||30||2||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICJ-3.0||3000 at 1000mm load centre||255||460||40||3||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICJ-4.0||4000 at 1000mm load centre||255||460||40||3||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICJ-5.0||5000 at 1000mm load centre||280||560||50||4||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ICJ-6.0||6000 at 1000mm load centre||280||560||50||4||Call/Enquire for prices|
- Remove existing forks from forklift carriage.
- Position Jib so as the load beam is parallel to the finish floor level.
- Remove the quick release bottom hangers by pulling out the safety ‘R’ clip and retracting retaining pin.
- Position the forklift behind the Jib back plate and centralise the forklift carriage with the Jib back plate.
- Drive towards the Jib back plate with the mast tilted forward and hook the top carriage rail under the top hangers of the Jib back plate, ensuring that the location peg on the jib back plate locates into the central castellation of the forklift carriage.
- Whilst raising the forklift carriage, tilt the mast back to the vertical position until the attachment is clear of the finish floor level.
- Reposition the quick release bottom hangers ensuring the safety ‘R’ clip is correctly inserted.
- Position the swivel hook and shackle to the desired lifting point, ensuring that the shackle is adequately tightened.
- The attachment is now ready for use.
- The Carriage Mounted Jib should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to: A – All weld points, B – Wear and distortion of quick release bottom hangers, C – Any damaged/worn components, D – General condition of swivel hook, safety latch and shackle
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of the attachment.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation and maintenance and that the retaining pins are fitted.
- Ensure both the truck and attachments are capable of handling the intended load and its contents.
- Ensure the shackle pins are adequately tightened before each use.
- Do not attempt to attach the Jib to the forklift carriage without firstly removing the quick release bottom hangers.
- Ensure only vertical lifts are made and not angular lifts when using this attachment.
- Do not shock load the attachment under any circumstances.
- The safe working load must not be exceeded at each lifting point.
- Multi hook positioning from 1000-1750 load centres
- Supplied complete with Swivel hook and bow shackle
- Quick release bottom hangers supplied as standard
- Lifting eye at centre of gravity for ease of movement and mounting on to forklift
- Painted bright orange for safety