Designed to lift, move and release Well Rings safely on a building site or within a builder’s yard. Each Grab works independently to each other and are fully automatic in operation and adjustable in width to accommodate variable Ring diameters, whilst the driver remains within the safety of his forklift cab.
This unit is suitable for use on both a Forklift or HIAB type of grab.
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Capacity (kg)||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||Ring Range||Maximum Fork Section (mm)||Price||Qty|
|IWRF-1-H-P||2000||200||900||900-1800||125 X 50||Call/Enquire for prices|
- Position the forks to the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets.
- Locate attachment to required position along the blade of the fork.
- Affix the retention chain to the top ring of the beam with the shackle and choke the other end around the bottom rail of the carriage with the hook, ensuring that the chain is tight.
- Lift the attachment to waist height; remove the location pin in each grab and position grabs to suit the diameter of Well Ring to be lifted and reinsert location pin and safety lynch pin.
- Lift the attachment over the Well Ring so that each grab is over the vertical centre of gravity of the Well Ring and ensuring that the mast of the forklift is vertical.
- Lower the attachment onto the walls of the Well Ring until each grab is totally collapsed, which will unlock each grab and then lift at a steady speed until each of the contact pads (4 in total) grip the Well Ring and the Well Ring lifts clear of the ground.
- At this point some back tilt will be required to level out the fork deflection so that the attachment and Well Ring are operating at their Centre of gravity. The well Ring is now ready to be moved/loaded on a wagon.
- Once you have positioned the Well Ring in the area for it to be released, lower the attachment until the Well Ring contacts the ground and then continue to lower until each grab is fully collapsed, the grabs will then lock in the open position allowing the attachment to pull clear.
- You are now ready to repeat the cycle.
- The Well Ring Lifter should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to:
- A – All weld points
- B – Wear & distortion of lifting eyes
- C – Any damaged components
- D – Locks & latches
- E – Security of all nuts and bolts
- F – Security and condition of contact pads
- General surface rusting especially in critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- All hinges, latches, locks, hinge points and springs must be kept lightly greased.
- Damage or failure must be reported or rectified immediately prior to re-use of the grab.
- This product is certified for twelve (12) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation and maintenance.
- When moving around the yard minimise the swinging of the load by controlling your speed at corners.
- Avoid potholes and/or rough terrain as this can cause negative gravity.
- Ensure that the grab is lifting on the centre of gravity of its intended load.
- Keep hands and fingers clear of all moving parts so as to prevent trapping.
- Ensure that all personnel are stood clear when a Well Ring is lifted.
- Only use back tilt to level the forks
- Never shock load the grab when loaded as this may result in loosing the load.
- Always ensure that the grab is fully closed between each operation so as to ensure that the release mechanism correctly rotates.
The Operator should ensure that the above product is used for the purpose that it has been designed, tested and intended to do and no deviation to this occurs. If in doubt, consult your fork truck dealer or approved attachment supplier.
- Fully Automatic Mechanism
- Adjustable in width to suit various diameter of Rings
- External handles
- Serrated contact pads
- Chain Retention
- Painted bright orange for safety
- Floor mounted stand