Battery Lifting Beams are specifically designed for the safe removal of battery boxes from forklifts. Supplied as standard fork mounted, but can be manufactured with a lifting eye for an overhead crane.
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Capacity (kg)||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||Lifting Points Crs (mm)||Price||Qty|
|ILB-1||1000||45||450||900 x 570 (outer)||Call/Enquire for prices|
|ILB-2||2000||45||450||900 x 570 (outer)||Call/Enquire for prices|
- Position the forks to the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets.
- Fully engage forks into fork pockets and tighten thumb screws fully on to forks.
- Position lifting chains to suit pick up points in battery box.
- Remove any unwanted chains to prevent battery shorting.
- The attachment is now ready for use.
- The Battery Lifting Beam should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to: A – All weld points, B – Wear and distortion of fork pockets and thumb screws, C – Any damaged/worn components, D – General condition of shackle, chain, hook and safety latch.
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of the attachment.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The Manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the thumb screws are fully tightened.
- Ensure both the truck and attachments are capable of handling the intended load and its contents.
- Ensure the shackle pin is adequately tightened before each use.
- Ensure the thumb screws are not tightened onto taper of blade.
- Do not drive into the fork pockets without retracting the thumb screws.
- Do not shock load the attachment under any circumstances.
- Always make sure only vertical lifts are made and not diagonal lifts when using the attachment.
- Ensure that the mast remains in the vertical position at all times.
- The safe working load must not be exceeded at its lifting point.
- Always ensure all unwanted chains are removed prior to use to prevent shorting.
- Supplied with 4 single drop chains with hook
- Six lifting points supplied as standard
- Zinc plated twist screws for safe attachment to truck
- Maximum fork section 125 x 50 mm at 340 mm centres
- Painted bright orange for safety