Automatic Bottom Empty Skips allow the simple but effective disposal of light to medium weight waste when being automatically emptied into high sided yard skips via the base release mechanism, without the driver leaving the safety of his seat.
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Capacity (kg)||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Height (mm)||Nominal Capacity (m3)||Price||Qty|
|IBE-1||550||140||385||850||1050||900-add-270mm-to-height-to-give-overall-skip-height||0-8||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IBE-2||750||175||500||1050||1200||900-add-270mm-to-height-to-give-overall-skip-height||1-2||Call/Enquire for prices|
|IBE-3||950||190||500||1050||1500||900-add-270mm-to-height-to-give-overall-skip-height||1-45||Call/Enquire for prices|
- Position the forks the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets.
- Remove fork pocket heel pins from skip.
- Drive forks into the fork pockets.
- Insert fork pocket heel pins directly behind the heel of the fork and attach safety lynch pin into the hole provided.
- Take the bottom empty skip to the yard skip and position the actuator plates (on the rear of the skip base) over the side of the yard skip.
- With the mast vertical lower the actuator plates onto the side of the yard skip and to activate the release hooks.
- Keeping the mast vertical, lift the carriage of the forklift truck so as the drop bottom door clears the side of the yard skip and reverse clear.
- Lower the skip to the ground to automatically re-latch the drop bottom door – some forward tilt may be required dependent on site conditions.
9. The skip is now ready for use again.
- The skip should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to: A – All weld points, B – Wear & distortion of fork pockets and heel pin attachments, C – Any damaged components, D – Lock latches and spring wear.
- All bolts must be checked for tightness.
- The pivot bars, latches and locks must be kept greased.
- The springs should be oiled.
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of skip.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the heel pins are fitted correctly.
- Ensure both the truck and attachments are capable of handling the intended load and its contents.
- Operators must keep clear of the mechanism and personnel must be kept a safe distance from the skip when it is in operation.
- Ensure that the heel pins are correctly insert, retained and positioned in relation to the heel of the fork prior to each and every use.
- Do not shock load the skip under any circumstances.
- Do not drive into the fork pockets without removing the heel pins.
- In the event of failure during operation do not attempt rectification or re-operation while the skip is off the ground. The attachment must be returned safely to floor level for inspection.
- Ensure both release hooks are engaged before each operation.
- 125mm diameter nylon castor fitted as standard
- Internally reinforced sides and lap welded corners
- Unique automatic releasing and locking mechanism
- Maximum fork section 150 x 50 mm at 683 mm centres
- Zinc plated heel pins for safe attachment to truck
- Painted bright orange for safety
- Colour finish for waste separation or department
- Hinged lid