The Automatic Pallet Forks effectively convert an overhead crane into an effective pallet mover. There are many applications where fork trucks cannot be operated due to a lack of floor space for example high rise developments. Our crane forks are equipped with adjustable forks, height adjustment and an automatic balancing sprung head along with pre-fitted restraint net frame (net supplied separately).
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Weight (kg)||Fork Length (mm)||Fork Cross Section (mm)||Fork Opening Range (mm)||Load Capacity (KG)||Overall Height (mm)||Price||Qty|
|IPF-BOS-10-20||170||1000||100-x-35||300-1000||2000||1800-2500||Call/Enquire for prices||Add to quote|
|IPF-BOS-12-20||190||1200||100-x-35||300-1000||2000||1800-2500||Call/Enquire for prices||Add to quote|
- Operate overhead crane / HIAB into position directly over the crane forks.
- Place the crane/HIAB hook onto the lifting eye of the attachment.
- Slacken the thumbscrews to position the forks at the widest possible distance apart to suit the pallet.
- Retighten thumb screws onto rail ensuring that they are adequately tightened and secure.
- With the pallet forks slightly raised, manually re-position the Pallet Forks to enter the pallet with the handles provided on the rear of the frame.
- Operate overhead crane / HIAB to enter the forks fully into the pallet.
- Once fully inserted into the load, place the safety strap around the load & secure.
- Lift the pallet clear of the ground and slide restraint net underneath. Attach to the six net hoops on the frame. Always use a restraint net when lifting overhead.
- When positioned correctly & secured, the load is ready for movement.
- The Pallet Forks should be inspected weekly for general condition with attention paid to: A – All weld points, B – Wear & distortion of thumb screws, C – Any damaged components, D – Lock & latches, E – Pivot points
- All bolts must be checked for tightness.
- The pivot bars must be kept greased.
- The spring should be oiled.
- Check the restraint net for damage and replace if worn.
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of Pallet Forks.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation & maintenance.
- Ensure both the crane and attachment can handle the intended load and its contents.
- Operators must keep clear of the mechanism whilst in operation.
- Do not shock load the attachment under any circumstance.
- In the event of failure during operation do not attempt rectification or re-operation while the attachment is off the ground. The attachment must be returned safely to floor level for inspection.
- Never drive at the product at an excessive speed as this may result in injury to the driver and/or damage to the attachment and Fork Lift Truck.
- Keep hands away from all moving parts.
- Spring loaded self-balancing head.
- Safety Net Frame
- Adjustable Height – Clear Height 1200-1900mm
- Adjustable Fork Widths
- Convenient Hand Holds.
- Painted bright orange for safety
- Restraint net – N.B The net is not certified or designed to catch a falling load, it is designed to withstand a partial collapse of the load.