Front mounted gives weight to the driving wheels. A hydraulically driven salt spreader/gritter for use with forklift trucks, with conveniently placed fork pockets which allow attachment to the lift tines in a safe and effective manner. It is hydraulically driven from the forklift truck’s third service valve or side shift valve. Fitted with stainless steel double auger system which can spread all types of salt, wet or dry, brown or white, with a 0.20m³ hopper capacity to take approximately 250kg of salt.
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Capacity (kg)||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Height (mm)||Nominal Capacity (m3)||Price||Qty|
|IHG-1||250||136||550||1270||890||810||0-2||Call/Enquire for prices||Add to quote|
- Position the forks to the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets.
- Remove the heel pins from the attachment.
- Drive the forks into the fork pockets.
- Insert fork pocket heel pins directly behind the heel of the fork and attach safety lynch pin into hole provided.
- Connect the hydraulic quick release fittings of the Invicta hydraulic gritter to the vehicles auxiliary hydraulic or side shift function.
- The attachment is now ready for use.
- Refer to operation manual for full details before commencing use.
- The Hydraulic Gritter should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to: A – All weld points, B – Wear and distortion of fork pockets and heel pin attachments, C – Any damaged/worn components, D – General condition of swivel hook, safety latch and shackle
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of the attachment.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the heel pins are fitted.
- Ensure both the truck and attachments are capable of handling the intended load and its contents.
- Ensure the shackle pin is adequately tightened before each use.
- Ensure that the heel pins are correctly inserted, retained and positioned in relation to the heel of the fork prior to each and every use.
- Do not drive into the fork pockets without removing the heel pins.
- Ensure only vertical lifts are made and not angular lifts when using the attachment.
- Do not shock load the attachment under any circumstances.
- The safe working load must not be exceeded at its lifting point.
- Ensure that the mast remains in the vertical position at all times.
- Hydraulically driven stainless-steel disc.
- Manually adjustable spread width valve from 1.3m to 9m dependent on material.
- Flat mesh top, complete with access hatch.
- Hydraulically powered from the forklift truck’s hydraulic.
- Zinc Plated heel pins for safe attachment to truck
- Maximum fork section 125 x 50mm
- Painted bright yellow