The Quick Hitch Roof Truss Jib is an ideal attachment when trying to place trusses in to the middle of a plot. We can manufacture the attachment to fit Manitou, Dieci and JCB machines offering forward reach when placing at height and designed to carry roof truss packs around sites in transit.
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||Length (mm)||Height (mm)||SWL (kg)||Price||Qty|
|IRTJ-1-JCB||229||725||4000||1040||400||Call/Enquire for prices||Add to quote|
- With the roof truss jib on the floor, drive forwards towards the mounting plate of the jib.
- Tilt the head of the truck forward slightly & hook the top bar of the primary unit under the mounting hooks on the attachment.
- Tilt backwards & lift vertically slightly off the ground.
- Operate the quick release hydraulic pins to locate into the bottom holes of the attachment and lock the unit into place.
- The attachment is now ready for use. To remove the unit, reverse the above procedure.
- The Roof Truss Jib should be inspected weekly for general condition with attention paid to: A – All weld points, B – Wear and distortion of fork pockets, C – Any damaged/worn components, D – General condition of swivel hook, safety latch and shackle, E – Alignment and condition of extending boom.
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of the attachment.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation and maintenance.
- Ensure both the truck and attachments can handle the intended load and its contents.
- Ensure the shackle pins are adequately tightened before each use.
- Ensure only vertical lifts are made and not angular lifts when using this attachment.
- Do not shock load the attachment under any circumstances.
- The safe working load must not be exceeded at each lifting point.
- The Operator should ensure that the above product is used for the purpose that it has been designed, tested and intended to do and no deviation to this occurs. If in doubt, consult your Fork Truck Dealer or approved Attachment Supplier.
- Quick hitch facility to designated truck model
- Supplied with hook and shackle for safe transportation of roof trusses.
- Robust and sturdy design.
- Painted bright orange for safety.
- Fully tested and approved for safe operation.