The fully automatic Rim Grip is versatile and efficient for the movement of a wide variety of steel and plastic drums that are either open or closed toped. The hardened steel jaws lift from the rim of the drum thus allowing the safe movement of both new and damaged drums.
Approximate lead time: Approx 2-3 days
DownloadsSpecification Sheet (PDF)
|Model||Capacity (kg)||Weight (kg)||C of G (mm)||LLC (mm)||No of Drums||Price||Qty|
|IRG-1||750||70||850||fork-length-240||1||Call/Enquire for prices||Add to quote|
|IRG-2||1500||90||630||fork-length-240||2||Call/Enquire for prices||Add to quote|
- Position the forks the correct distance apart to locate into fork pockets.
- Drive forks fully into the fork pockets ensuring thumb screws are suitably retracted.
- Tighten thumb screws on to forks ensuring that they are adequately tightened.
- Raise forks so Rim Grip clears the ground and lower jaw of the Rim Grip head is slightly below the Drum Rim.
- Once positioned move forward and raise the forks slowly and in the same motion until the drum is correctly ‘hooked on’ (a slight forward tilt on the mast is acceptable to assist the hooking on).
- Raise the forks until the drum sufficiently clears the ground/racking and tilt the mast back so that the Rim Grip pillar is vertical (a slight backward tilt also assists drum clearance).
- The fork lift can now be manoeuvred safely with the drum attached.
- To release the drum lower the forks until both the jaws are released and clear of Drum Rim.
- The Rim Grip is now ready for use again.
- The Rim Grip should be inspected weekly for general condition with particular attention paid to: A – All weld points, B – Wear & distortion of fork pockets and thumb screws, C – Any damaged components, D – Rim Grip head assembly.
- All bolts must be checked for tightness.
- The pivot bars, latches and locks must be kept greased.
- The springs should be oiled.
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of Rim Grip.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
Health & Safety
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation, maintenance and that the thumb screws are fully tightened.
- Ensure both the truck and attachment are capable of handling the intended load and its contents.
- Operators must keep clear of the mechanism whilst in operation.
- Avoid tilting mast backwards as customary when handling pallets.
- Do not drive into the fork pockets without retracting the thumb screws.
- Do not shock load the Rim Grip under any circumstance.
- Do not drive erratically over rough terrain.
- Fully automatic without the driver leaving the safety of his seat
- Ideal for transporting over rough ground
- Zinc plated twist screws for safe attachment to truck
- Maximum fork section 125 x 50 mm at 620mm centres
- Painted bright orange for safety
- Rubber pads to drum hoop to limit damage to drum
- Stainless steel for zoned areas